The Unlimited Mercifier presents a comprehensive portrait of Ibn ʿArabi's life and thought, highlighting his special place in history and his particular relevance in the modern world.
The book is a unique arrangement of biographical chapters alternating with chapters on major themes in his work. Divided into five sections, it includes:
- a full and up-to-date biography, drawn from Ibn ʿArabi's writings
- a historical overview of the times in which he lived
- an exploration of key themes in his teachings
- many new translations, with samples of his handwriting
- detailed maps and photographs of the places he visited
- appendices on his major works and contemporaries
- suggestions for further reading
- full notes, bibliography and index
This highly readable and lucid book will appeal to anyone interested in the real heart of Sufism or the mystical path.